Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Sunday 20 May 2007

The gym - I finally made it!! .... And the shopping trip

I have never liked the thought of going to a gym. It scared and worried me a bit that people would be looking and thinking that I didn't fit in there! I didn't want people seeing me sweat and struggle and have bits wobbling all over the place!
I have only just started to feel comfortable jogging when a car drives past or I am approaching people, so going to the gym was a big move for me!
Thankfully I had lovely Claudia helping me out and encouraging me along the way. I had no idea how to set the computers on the machines, but Claudia set it up for me, and away I went!
I did enjoy the variety on the treadmill. Claudia had suggested the 'random' option, so I was walking and jogging up and down hills!! I was able to increase the speed when I wanted to have a bit of a jog. I certainly got a good sweat going and found the treadmill keeps you at a good pace. No chance for miandering along to look at the scenery!!!
I do still prefer being outside to walk and jog, but will definately go to the gym again. It is a good option when the weather is bad, and when I need a bit of variety!
So thank you heaps Claudia for looking after me at the gym.

After the gym I went shopping. I was very excited when I tried on a pair of size 18 pants and they were too big!!! A shame they didn't have any 16's left!! Then I wanted to try on a denim skirt in another shop, but they didn't have any 18's, so I thought, no harm in trying on the size 16. Guess what I bought!!!!! A denim skirt - size 16!!! It is from My Size, but still a size 16!!! A long way from the 28 - 32 sizes I was wearing 2 1/2 years ago!!!
It takes me a lot longer to buy clothes now! I have more choice, plus I never know what size I am. Every shop and brand is different! I still tend to take the bigger size with me to try on, and then have great delight in asking the sales assistant to get a smaller size for me!!! I have never had that experience before!!!! It is so nice choosing to not buy clothes because they don't suit me, rather than because they don't fit me!! In the past, I have bought so many clothes just because I was lucky enough that they fit me!
We were out on Saturday night, and I was given many compliments from people on how great I looked! Even the guys are noticing and saying something!!!

So all in all, a very enjoyable Saturday!!

5 comments:

mooshsilk said...

It was absolutely my pleasure to go to the gym with you and to meet you!! You are truly an inspiration to me and to watch you run like you did gave me the hope that one day maybe I could do that. Any time you want to go again, just let me know and I'll be there with bells on.

How awesome it must have been to buy a size 16, that is just fantastic and you know what you should be so proud of yourself as all your hard work is paying off.

Luv Claudia xo

Jo said...

Hi Spinny,

Thanks heaps for you blog address and I must say "WOW" you are doing so well!!! Congratulations to you...

I must say you have given me inspiration!! Thanks

Jo aka Littlepiggynomore

Kellzbells said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kellzbells said...

Amazing!!! What you have achieved is truley amazing and proves that anybody can do it! I can even do it!

You should be so proud of yourself! I know the feeling of having to get the smaller pair, I have just started buying 16's myself and I still dont belive it!
Well Done!!!
(Raykel on the boards)

Tess said...

What an inspiration!!

I will be a regular visitor to your blog to keep me focused now that I am back in weightloss mode. I had my second son just 2 weeks ago so I have gained quite a bit of weight after all my great weightloss over a year ago.

I cant wait to buy a size 20, let alone a size 16, you go girl!!

Great to hear you love exercise. I used to as well. Just need to be able to walk unaided again and I will be back pounding the pavement.

Keep up the great work!!

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!