Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Saturday 12 May 2007

Motivation!!!!

So often people ask how do I stay motivated. Or their comment is "wow you must be so motivated!"

I decided to share some of the things that do keep me motivated. But it isn't always easy and some days I just get so sick of having to watch what I eat. I can get very cross at the thought of others who don't seem to have to worry about what goes in their mouth. I get jealous!!

But then I tell myself, well this is my life, and I only have to worry about my life!!!

So, the things that keep me motivated are:

I have a photo board on the fridge. I have regular head shots to see my progress.

I love new clothes!!! Being able to buy a smaller size is just so exciting! I've been wearing size 16 tracky dacks today and I think I am a princess or something!!!!

Oooohhhh the sex just keeps getting better!!!

I remind myself of what I can do now; do up any seat belt, have the kids and cat sit on my lap without them slipping off, jog for more than 10 seconds, walk up stairs or a hill without being scared I won't be able to breath, see my whole leg and foot when I look down when walking, wrap a towel all the way around me............there are so many more...........

I have also worked hard to weigh less than my partner! That was a huge motivator when I thought of chocolate.

Speaking of chocolate, staying motivated to me, didn't mean giving up everything yummy. I have pretty much given up potato chips coz I just love them so much and can't stop at one, but chocolate I can have a small amount and then stop. So I believe that motivation is helped by not depriving ourselves of everything we enjoy.

I love what my body can do when I am exercising. So I keep telling myself that exercise will be even better with a lighter body.

Every day I try to have a mini goal, such as, I will exercise longer, or I will have more vegetables than usual, or I won't have as much bread or I will make sure I have enough water. Its always nice to feel I have achieved something at the end of the day.

One of the important things is to not be too hard on myself if I have had a day of indulgence. We are allowed to have nice things, but in moderation. I do still feel a bit guilty if I eat something that really wasn't good for me, but I make it up to myself with a longer exercise session, or a stricter day the next day.

It's about finding what works for ourselves and building on those things.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hey Liz,
What a great post, thanks for that! I used to get frustrated watching what my friends eat too, but came to the same realisation - there's no point worrying about what they eat because it will make absolutely no difference to me! You are such an isnpiration, and I got excited about the towel going all the way around too!

:) Kathleen

mooshsilk said...

Hi Liz,

Great ways to keep you motivated! I will have to use some of these. I had a good week this week with weight loss but just not been well but feel alot better today.

Hope to see you soon.

Luv Claudia xo

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!