Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Sunday 17 June 2007

GP visit and someone didn't recognise me!

I saw my GP this weekend for a few things, and during the visit he took my blood pressure. I was so happy when he told me it was perfect!! He is so pleased with what I have achieved. When I first started my journey, I saw him monthly. He has always accepted me not getting on the scales for him and always happy for me to just tell him how much I had lost. He used to then compare it to something. When I said I had lost about 15kg, he said I had lost a child! Then one day, the amount I said he said I had lost a small gymnast!! An interesting way of looking at it!! I am very fortunate to have a GP who is easy to talk to and that I can trust.

On the way home from the GP, I stopped at the local Farmers Market. Someone who hasn't seen me for about 2 years, but we have had a few phone conversations was there selling her pies. I went up to her and said hello to her using her name. She looked at me vaguely saying "hello, do I know you!!!". I said my name and she almost fell over. She couldn't stop looking up and down at me! She was flabbergasted and said she knew my voice was familiar but she just didn't recognise me! She was quick though to make sure I hadn't been sick but I assured her I had worked hard to achieve this new me!! This is now the 3rd person who hasn't recognised me! It is an amazing feeling and I often wondered if that would ever happen to me. It really gives you a good buzz!

No comments:

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!