Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Wednesday 13 June 2007

Changing to WW Core

Well counting WW points had finally got to me!!!

I had a week away which I think I coped pretty well without my online membership. I was able to make good choices and felt ok about a couple of treats as I was exercising a lot while away.

I came home and just couldn't get back into counting everything. I was still making good choices with food, but was really resenting having to count everything. I love eating fruit as a snack and didn't like feeling limited on the points system. It is when I am in this frame of mind that I tend to go for the fish and chips or biscuits.

I was really starting to get depressed about the whole thing. I wasn't going off track or wanting to give up, I just wanted a change. I sometimes have a day or two of being really sick of watching everything I eat. I suppose in these times I get jealous of people who just reach for the tim tams or big white bread roll and don't seem to worry about it.

So in my usual manner of stubborness, I wasn't going to lose sight of my goal, but make some changes!! I decided to switch to the Core Program. I had thought about it and was curious to how it worked but I suppose I was afraid I couldn't stick to it properly.

Well, I made the switch and today is day 2!! So far I am feeling really good about the change. I have a renewed motivation about using WW and I am loving having more fruit without having to skimp on other foods. Plus I have found in these two days I haven't wanted to have a sweet treat. I know that will wear off, as I like the odd WW lamington or 1 point milky way!!!

Anyway, I am hoping this change will get things moving again. I know I have been losing weight because my clothes keep getting loser, but the scales haven't reflected it at all. I try not to focus on the scales as they aren't a very good friend at the moment.

So at the moment, Core is my new focus, and in regards to exercise, I am trying to increase the jogging! I jogged for 22 minutes without stopping on the weekend, which I was so pleased with.

I also want to thank everyone who reads my blog and for all the lovely encouraging comments people make on the blog and in the WW boards. I feel honored to be considered an inspiration. Everyone has the ability to make changes!

Thanks so much again.................

2 comments:

Tess said...

Hi

I admit I love the freedom of Core, but I still track. To me, tracking is my way of making ME accountable for what goes into my mouth. Yes I might eat foods off the allowable list, but what happens if I have one thing I shouldnt, then another. It could get very messy.

At the moment I need to really focus on meal planning. Its on my mind but I keep getting sidetracked.

Maybe give us all a list of food you have been eating a day to show us what you eat on CORE. Just an idea!!

Keep up the great work!!

mooshsilk said...

Hey Liz,

You are an inspiration to me and whenever I think I'm going to fail in this journey you are always there to pick me up and I thank you for that!

I'm really glad that core is working for you. I went back to the gym this week and yesterday I did an hour's workout and then went for a swim! We will have to do the gym again sometime soon!

Luv Claudia xo

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!