Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Sunday 15 July 2007

The scales have caught up!


This is my darling cat Thomas. He sleeps where ever he chooses. Well, he makes me feel very happy and loved. But something else that has made me happy is the following:
I have written a few times about my feelings towards the scales and not wanting to have too much focus on them. Well, I live by this as much as I can, but I have to admit, that when the scales finally catch up with the hard work I have been doing, it sure feels great!!


This morning the scales have shown a loss of 1.8kg over the past week. I am pretty pleased with that. The weight I am now, puts me so much closer to what I have been aiming for. Since learning I have about 10kg of skin to be taken off, it is easier to see the weight of 80kg very clearly in my future. I had been aiming to be at 90kg for surgery, so that I would come out of it around 80kg. But now, I can see it is possible to be under 90kg for surgery and that excites me a lot!!!


I still want to keep my focus more on how I feel and look and how my clothes fit. Well, today I have walked around on such a high, feeling really good about the looseness of my jeans and the strength I feel in my legs! I managed two good jogs this weekend. I am trying to have at least one 30 minute jog over the weekend, and the other day doing shorter jogs mixed with hill walking. The 30 minutes is getting easier and easier and I am not so tired or sore afterwards.


I have been trying to mix up my exercise and eating to try to keep my body from getting used to how it is now. I tried a lighter day of exercise during the week and then on another day I ate more protein than usual. It seems to have done something!!


I really think it is all about finding what suits your body the best. I also believe that particular task is a life long learning situation. Things are constantly changing, so our routines need to adjust also.
As I say, this time it is for life!




1 comment:

Felicity said...

hi there just wanna say wow wat an inspiration you are.
I also did the SBS 10k walk but wouldn't have seen you there you blitzed my time.
Will return to read more of your journey soon.
Seen you on WW site (aka pink elephants)

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!