Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Sunday 20 July 2008

Sick of the swelling!!!

It's been a while since I wrote on my blog, so I thought I had better update my record of this journey!!

It is over three months now since my last surgery and I am still experiencing swelling. The surgeon did tell me to expect swelling until at least August, but as the weeks progress, I hope for a faster loss of the swelling. My legs are slowly returning to a normal shape, but still have a way to go. Around my middle is what really annoys me. The swelling goes up and down. Some days I feel like I have a beach ball under my skin, and other days its hardly noticeable. I have tried to work out what causes more swelling, but haven't found anything conclusive.

I know that if I have a day in the office for work, rather than being out on the road visiting clients, I have more swelling at the end of the day. Exercise and resting seem to have varying affects on the swelling. I get very frustrated with the swelling and have days of feeling very down about the way I look. I still struggle with accepting the way I look is because of the swelling. Body image is such a huge thing. It is hard getting used to such a different body and discovering what is "normal" for me. I still don't know how my body is going to end up like.

I am exercising a minimum of 1 hour a day and trying to tone up underneath the swelling!!! I am able to run again and am really pleased to be running up to 5km again. I still feel every step in terms of where I have had surgery, but I can ignore it now!! I love the feeling after a run. It's great to make my body work hard!!!

No comments:

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!