Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Sunday 18 November 2007

Back to the Surgeon

I saw the Surgeon again on Friday as I was still in so much discomfort and the swelling hadn't gone down at all. Thankfully the tests results came back all clear, so there is no nasty bug causing the fluid. The Surgeon said it is because it was such a huge surgery that I am having this trouble.

The Surgeon has been great. I didn't have a scheduled appointment on Friday, but he just fit me in. His secretary and his nurse have also been so lovely and supportive. It is worth the money we have paid for his services.

The Surgeon put more needles in my tummy and took out about a 1/2 cup of fluid this time. He was pressing so hard on my tummy that I was left feeling very sore. But 24 hours later, that pain had gone. I also have to wear the bandage around my tummy again.

Today I feel like the swelling has gone down a bit. I am still oozing from a couple of spots and having to change the dressing twice a day. When I look in the mirror now, I can see some sort of normal shape appearing. That helps the way I feel. So maybe I am "turning the corner" again!!

Mum is whisking me off to their place in Echuca (my favourite spot) after my Surgeon's appointment on Wednesday. I must say I am looking forward to being looked after again and not having to worry about the daily chores around the house. I am a bit worried about leaving Andrew on his own as there are a few things he still can't do. But the movement in his arm is improving and he starts phsyio tomorrow. I would also hate to come home from Echuca to find the house looks like a bomb has hit it! I do hope one of his daughters will come and stay with him for a few days.

After a teary day yesterday, I am striving for a positive day today!!

No comments:

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!