Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Saturday 22 September 2007

23 more sleeps............



Well it isn't long now before I have my surgery. The surgery is called circumferential abdominoplasty. I have said it plenty of times to myself now that it just rolls off my tongue!!! The picture here shows where the skin will be cut out from my front and back. Once the skin on the front has been cut out, then the skin from the upper part is stretched down to be sewn together just above the pubic line. I have been reading about the surgery, particularly the recovery stage as I am quite curious as to how I will recover. I have learnt that I won't be able to walk standing straight for a few days. I have always known there will be pain, but while I don't want to go into a panic about the pain, I don't want to underestimate it either.

I am starting to do the planning for the surgery now. I have sent back my pre admission forms, I have confirmed my support crew - lovely Andrew and my fantastic sister and my ever faithful mum. Mum is coming down from Echuca to be with me when I am discharged from hospital and my sister just lives around the corner. Andrew will take me into hospital on the day and be with me when I come out of surgery.

I am writing my list of things to get done before surgery, and I have made sure that list includes a hair cut and color and a massage!!!!

I am still following the dietitians guidelines and at my follow up appointment she felt I was well on the right track and didn't need to see her again until after surgery if I wanted any more assistance. I have still been keeping up the increased level of exercise, and I am feeling quite good for it. I want to be at my absolute best fitness for surgery.

I am still hoping to run as much of the 5.5km in the Melbourne Marathon as I can. I can run for 30 minutes at a slow pace, so I will see if I can run a bit more on the day. Although I do get unnerved in a crowd and find it hard to get my little spot so that I can be at my pace. I am sure there will be people who can walk just as fast as I can run!!! But I try to remember that it is about me, and my level of fitness and I don't have to compare myself to anyone else.

Well, the countdown continues until surgery, and I don't see my thoughts about it easing at all!!!

No comments:

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!