Me before my journey began.

Me before my journey began.
And I thought I looked ok!!!

June 2004

June 2004
I just found this photo. Its hard to look at now!!!

Tuesday 8 April 2008

Recovery Time Again!!




Well, it is Day 14 since my surgery and it has been tough going!!


Having an inner thigh reduction has been painful!! My legs are very swollen and bruised and I have a long suture line of staples from my groin down to my calf! My legs feel like tree trunks and walking has been an interesting experience!! Not to mention sitting!!












I am wearing a body suit that makes going to the toilet a complete production. I am sure a man designed it.


My arms have been done and they are getting better at a quicker rate than my legs. The first couple of days I could hardly move them, but that is much easier now. I can't reach up very well, but at least I can wash my hair now.












I had to go the first week without a shower. I found this very difficult. I hate not showering daily and with the body suit, the oozing and the difficulties when on the toilet made me feel very miserable. I had a complete change of mood, motivation and thinking once I had my first shower.


Anyway, taking a step back to surgery day, I was drawn on extensively by the surgeon. I couldn't believe the amount of work he was going to be doing and I suddenly got quite nervous and fearful of how I would cope. Surgery went for a lot longer than anticipated. I was in surgery for 8 hours. But I didn't have any complications like last time, and my blood pressure stayed as it should. I have had another 8kg of skin removed, along with whatever came off with the parts that I had liposuction.




3 comments:

Briar said...

You brave brave girl- well done.
I'm almost in tears, seeing what you have gone through- and knowing how much difference it will make in the long run. You must have been chuffed with the instant weightloss!

Hoping your recovery is speedy and thorough xx.

Cleo said...

wow this is amazing. Thanks for sharing so much of your journey through this all.

Kia Kaha, Hope the healing keeps going well

Mel. said...

WOW you are such a brave and amazing woman. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

I hope the healing continues to go well and the pain goes away sooner rather than later.

December 2004

December 2004
Here is another photo I found of myself before I made the changes in my life. I think I still have that blue shirt, so I should hunt it out for a photo now!!

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"

Me at Noosa - April 2007 - Always pretending to be "Australia's Next Top Model!!!"
Quite a difference hey!!

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk

Finishing the Christchurch Marathon - 10km walk
Not the most attractive photo, but I had worked hard!!